2017 Season - Fixtures Discussion & Rule Changes

This section is to be used for announcements and suggestions on how LFS Bangers can improve.
Jon#606
Site Admin

2017 Season - Fixtures Discussion & Rule Changes

Postby Jon#606 » Sat 31 Dec 2016, 11:50 pm

If you have any queries about the below changes for 2017, please reply and I'll get to them as quickly as possible.

The main fixture changes are listed below:

1. Champion of Champions has been dropped for 2017
This is due to two reasons: the Champion of Champions meeting itself at the season end was not well attended by those that had qualified and I would rather end the season with the Christmas Fun Meet as it gives me time to prepare for the next year. All meetings that were CoC qualifiers this season have reverted to being standard non-points meetings.

2. The UF1 Series has been reintroduced
Now under the name of "Micro Bangers", the UF1s have their own championship again after the frankly disastrous attempt last year to make the FIgure 8 championship its own. A Micro Bangers World Final will take place on 8th December. The Figure 8 championship has been reverted back to the 2 Litres as it was in 2015.

3. The Unlimited and Banger World Series championships have been adjusted to reflect their importance
For the Unlimited meetings to just have three qualifiers yet the BWS had eight did not feel right, especially as the Unlim World Final is the second biggest meeting on here behind the 2 Litre World Final. Therefore, there are now six Unlimited meetings and four BWS meetings.

4. The "Robins" have a World Final meeting
As this is a very popular class, the 2 Litre "Robins" have a World Final which is scheduled for 7th July.

The main rule changes are listed below:

1. Banger World Series meetings will now have their own grade system
It did not feel right to give these meetings the 2 Litre grades as it doesn't reflect the performances of drivers in the BWS. The first BWS meeting on 24th February will have all drivers except the BWS Champion (Rik #997) and BWS Points Champion (Looney #870) as white roofs.

2. DDs will automatically be ended after 30 minutes (excluding Krash Kings)
This is to stop DDs going on for ages. In points meetings, the number of drivers left after 30 minutes will have the full total of points split between them.

3. Oppo on the bends is now allowed in championship races
Although this had been in place for a few months, I've formally reintroduced it now after many championship races last season ended up being very dull due to the lack of oppo.

Finally, a discipline change:

1. Discipline reports will now be carried out by Looney #870
As I have mentioned in previous months, I no longer feel in the correct state of mind to do discipline reports. Therefore I have passed this responsibility onto Looney #870 who has offered to do these reports.

Cap#27

Re: 2017 Season - Fixtures Discussion & Rule Changes

Postby Cap#27 » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 12:03 pm

some good changes there robins having a world final is needed but could do with some qualifiers instead of just the world final

changes i would want are

all for way bookings are done

1. meetings were drivers have to book in no matter what especially championship meetings and you cant just turn up delaying the start of meeting due to grid having to be redone

2.have a time limit for when drivers can book in like an hour before meeting starts booking lists normally go up a week before a meeting so people have plenty of time to book on here or facebook

3.bring back the dp points were if you book in and miss meetings you gets dp points and meeting bans

will add more if there is anything

Jam

Postby Jam » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 5:28 pm

Looking good Jon, thanks again for all the effort you put in.
Jam #616 | Check out my PiranMOTO servers and PiranMOTO.co.uk! :D

Looney#870
Site Admin

Postby Looney#870 » Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:44 pm

Very good post Jon, all very good changes, well done.

I must say, I agree with all the points Cap made too.
Niall "Looney" Drew - #870
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY DRIVER PROFILE

Return to “Announcements, Suggestions & Improvements”