New Booking In Requirements

This section is to be used for announcements and suggestions on how LFS Bangers can improve.
Jon#606
Site Admin

New Booking In Requirements

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 06 Jan 2017, 10:30 pm

Hello everyone,

In light of a recent suggestion made by Cap in the 2017 Fixtures discussion thread, I have decided to revamp the booking in system. This should make it easier for myself as the admin to prepare for meetings (especially team and championship meetings) and for drivers so they know exactly who they are racing with that week.

The new requirements are as follows:

1. You MUST book in for a meeting
The two official ways you can book in are by posting in the respective thread on the forum or by replying to the Facebook post for the meeting. Provisional bookings are allowed.

2. Bookings will be closed 10 minutes before the meeting starts (7:50pm GMT)
You have a week to book in for meetings so there is no excuse not to book in. No further bookings will be taken after 7:50pm; if you are unbooked and in the server, you will be asked to leave. Meetings will start at 8:00pm sharp - there are to be no more delays because of meetings being held up. Refusing to leave will result in a 12 hour server ban.

3. Disciplinary Points will be issued for failing to attend
Unless you book in provisionally, if you fail to attend a meeting after booking in you will be given a Disciplinary Point. Every 3 Disciplinary Points received will result in a meeting ban; repeatedly receiving Disciplinary Points will result in additional meeting bans.

I hope everyone follows these rules and makes the meetings far more manageable for everyone. :)

Jon#606
Site Admin

Re: New Booking In Requirements

Postby Jon#606 » Sun 15 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm

A second update to the new booking in requirements has been implemented after the Civil War meeting.

Facebook bookings will no longer be accepted. You can only race in a meeting if you book in on the forum.

This is because the preparation for the meeting was completely disrupted by multiple people booking in with less than an hour to go before the meeting started. Booking in threads go up a week in advance for that exact reason: so meeting preparation can be done much more smoothly.

There should be no excuse for people not using the forum now it is no longer on a third party host and consequently will not have pop-up adverts that put some people off from using the old forum.

As a side note to the above, information such as your grade and your current points total is easily found on here and saves me having to tell you what it is in the server, because that has honestly been getting on my nerves. The forum is here for a reason: to be used.

Return to “Announcements, Suggestions & Improvements”