LFS Banger Racing to stay on version 0.6Q [Now running 0.6R]

This section is to be used for announcements and suggestions on how LFS Bangers can improve.
Jon#606
Site Admin

LFS Banger Racing to stay on version 0.6Q [Now running 0.6R]

Postby Jon#606 » Sun 29 Jan 2017, 6:18 pm

Hello all,

As you may have been made aware, Live for Speed has been updated to version 0.6R, which includes a revamp of the first ever Live for Speed environment Blackwood. The league uses many tracks on the Blackwood environment including Car Park, Swaffham, Hednesford and Wimbledon.

Unfortunately for us, this revamp has rendered these layouts useless as they no longer fit on the Blackwood Car Park in the new version of LFS. As a result, this means we cannot go any further than version 0.6Q without serious layout retooling or removal of these layouts from the league altogether.

At present, LFS Bangers will NOT be updating to version 0.6R. LFS Bangers will stay on 0.6Q.

If you have already updated to version 0.6R, do not worry.

To get back your 0.6Q version, download the following: https://www.robingroppe.de/media/lfs/ar ... _setup.exe and install it.

MAKE SURE THAT WHEN INSTALLING THIS COPY VERSION OF 0.6Q, YOU SAVE IT TO A DIFFERENT FOLDER THAN THE ORIGINAL LFS INSTALLATION, OTHERWISE ALL OF YOUR SKINS, SETUPS, LAYOUTS AND REPLAYS WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

Then copy these folders from the 0.6R data sub-directory to the 0.6Q data sub-directory to retain your data: "layout", "misc", "mpr", "setups", "skins"

That way, you will not lose any of your LFS details.

I will confirm the above with Looney imminently but for now, LFS Bangers will no longer be updated past 0.6Q.

rik#997

Re: LFS Banger Racing to stay on version 0.6Q

Postby rik#997 » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 9:11 pm

Can't we build the tracks on the new blackwood? There is so much new space wich we don't use now :| :roll:
Current roof colour: Gold / Silver
BWS Champion '15, '16
World Cup Winner '16
British Champion '16, '17
Figure 8 Champion '17
Micro's World Champion '17, '18
2L World Champion '18
2L Points Champion '18

Cap#27

Postby Cap#27 » Tue 31 Jan 2017, 7:22 pm

new tracks could be made and tracks we currently use on bl3 carpark could be remade but it takes alot of time and effort to make just 1 track and who is prepared to make them be a shame not to use the new area as it is lot bigger than the old carpark if anyone is going to make new tracks or reamake old ones then could just use the new carpark layout for all tracks we use on the server

Jam

Postby Jam » Wed 01 Feb 2017, 6:53 pm

I've been thinking about making a layout converter - moving the non-concrete objects shouldn't be a problem, but concrete will give me some grief with regards to the height. I don't have much if any free time at the moment, but you guys will be the first to know if I get anywhere with it.
Jam #616 | Check out my PiranMOTO servers and PiranMOTO.co.uk! :D

Jon#606
Site Admin

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:10 pm

LFS Banger Racing will now be upgraded to version 0.6R. Please see this thread for more information: http://www.lfsbangers.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=187

Return to “Announcements, Suggestions & Improvements”