LFS Banger Racing updated to version 0.6R

This section is to be used for announcements and suggestions on how LFS Bangers can improve.
Jon#606
Site Admin

LFS Banger Racing updated to version 0.6R

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:10 pm

Hello again everyone,

After the experiment with keeping the server on version 0.6Q (see http://www.lfsbangers.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=176 for more information) it is no longer viable to keep the server on this version. It has caused hassle for numerous drivers and having two versions of the game on the same computer is just silly and confusing.

Therefore, it is now the time to upgrade LFS Banger Racing to version 0.6R. Looney will be updating the server to version R in due course, but if you have not updated to version R yet, please visit this link to learn how to do so: https://www.lfs.net/patch-6r.

If you updated to version R when the league was going to keep using version Q, then please ensure you use your originally updated version from now on and NOT the newly installed Q version, as you won't have all of your data otherwise.

I apologise for the trouble this has caused in the past few weeks, but this was a hectic time regarding keeping the Blackwood environments.

As a side note, I will be grouping the layouts that were used on Blackwood and send them to both Pepino and Miniman to see if they can convert them to the new Blackwood. Jam is also creating a layout convertor that should be great when it's finished. As a result, I will also be dropping Blackwood-based layouts for the time being but will replace them with a number of layouts, including a few new ones! ;)

Looney#870
Site Admin

Re: LFS Banger Racing to be updated to version 0.6R

Postby Looney#870 » Fri 24 Feb 2017, 12:31 am

Please note, the server has now been updated to 0.6R.

As per usual, if you find the server isn't running, or there is an issue, please contact myself here or the LFS Bangers Facebook Page as soon as you notice it.
The server currently isn't fitted with a auto-restart feature so when the dedicated server updates, it doesn't automatically restart the LFS Bangers server so I have to do it manually. I can access the panel from my phone so can do it almost instantly.

We have had a few reports of "The server is down and has been for days" - these are no good. I can not restart it if I don't know it's down.

-----------

On another note, if you notice the incorrect layout is loaded to the track or there is someone not playing by the rules, please contact either Jon, Cap here or again message the LFS Bangers Facebook Page and we will do our best to rectify the issue as soon as we can.
Niall "Looney" Drew - #870
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY DRIVER PROFILE

Return to “Announcements, Suggestions & Improvements”