Welcome to the new forum!

This section is to be used for announcements and suggestions on how LFS Bangers can improve.
Jon#606
Site Admin

Welcome to the new forum!

Postby Jon#606 » Wed 06 Apr 2016, 11:22 pm

First of all, let me explain what has gone on in the past few weeks. This has been a stressful time for the league so I'll try and keep it clear and concise.

At some point on the 23rd of March, the original LFS Bangers forum (http://lfsbangers.forumup.co.uk) suffered a mysql_connect() error that normally clears itself up after a simple refresh. However, the error remained upon a refresh and has remained ever since. Attempting to visit any other forumup.co.uk hosted site or even the English Forumup support website brings up the same error, rendering the websites completely inaccessible. Emails sent by myself to the company webmaster went unanswered.

After some investigation work by Looney, he was able to discover through the Italian Forumup site (the original site that wasn't affected by the outage) that the company who operated Forumup, Hyarbor srl, have gone into liquidation: http://staff.forumup.it/about18069-staff.html

Consequently, there has been no technical support for the Forumup network for the past few months. This explains why the mysql_connect() error has remained: there's no-one able to fix it because the company who operated it have gone bankrupt.

LFS Bangers did not expect this to happen and given we had nearly a decade of uninterrupted forum hosting, there was never any need to take a backup of anything, including the results. There is a possibility we may have lost the entirety of the results from 2008 to 2015. :cry:

Over the next few weeks, I will try and recover these results using the Google cache; making all the old results forums viewable to the public earlier this year was very lucky in hindsight.

I have also been very fortunate this season in that I made a results book using Excel to record every meeting that's happened in the league this year, so 2016's results can be easily restored.

While the first forum may have gone, we're at least back up and running with this one, kindly provided again by Looney. This forum is still under construction for the time being so not everything will be on it yet.

Keep on racing,
Jon.

Cap#27

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Postby Cap#27 » Fri 15 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

other forum is back online dont know how long for but its back for now :D

Jam

Re: Welcome to the new forum!

Postby Jam » Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:45 pm

I "need to contribute more" in order to send a PM, lol :)
Jam #616 | Check out my PiranMOTO servers and PiranMOTO.co.uk! :D

Return to “Announcements, Suggestions & Improvements”