STATEMENT FROM LFS BANGERS ADMIN 606 JONATHAN "JON" SIDDLE

This section is to be used for announcements and suggestions on how LFS Bangers can improve.
Jon#606
Site Admin

STATEMENT FROM LFS BANGERS ADMIN 606 JONATHAN "JON" SIDDLE

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 25 Sep 2020, 10:29 pm

Hello all,

Following the end of the 2020 Live For Speed Bangers mini-season, the league will not be returning. I would like to thank everyone who competed in the 2020 mini-season as well as everyone who has competed over the previous 12 years.

This mini-season was only intended as a temporary measure in light of the coronavirus pandemic. Unfortunately, recent months have made it clear there is no point continuing any sort of league for two main reasons.

The main reason was an identical collapse in driver numbers to what we had last season, and it was clear that they would not recover. It was therefore pointless to carry the season on for any extra length of time after this evening.

The secondary reason is that I have completely lost interest in all aspects of this league. You will have noticed over the past few weeks that everything has been rather disinterested in terms of booking in posts and meeting reports as well as encouraging drivers to race, not to mention my performances in the meetings themselves! For that I can only apologise, but the first reason has played a massive part in my loss of interest.

I am also using this opportunity to announce my retirement from LFS Bangers after 12 years owing to the above secondary response. Once again, thanks to everyone I have competed with over that time.

The LFS Bangers server will remain online. However, 666 Beatdrop (Connor Renyard) and 621 Miniman (Jouke Heddema) will now be in charge of it.

I will however not be walking away from LFS for good. I am pleased to announce that the PiranMoto Destruction Derby nights will be restarting from next Friday. The Discord for this server can be found at https://discord.gg/Yj3B5TS

Regards,
#606 Jonathan "Jon" Siddle.

Return to “Announcements, Suggestions & Improvements”