2019 BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS

The results of the non-points meetings.
Jon#606
Site Admin

2019 BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 10 May 2019, 11:54 pm

The first graded title of 2019 was decided this evening with the British Championship. Wimbledon was the venue for what turned out to be an absolutely brilliant night's entertainment. The deadly posts of the famous London venue caused many drivers to have their races wrecked while there was some excellent racing on display from others.

We had a great turnout of 18 drivers, with only 573 Shane from the original finalised British grid unable to attend. By request from Shane, reigning British champion 961 Pepino was controversially reinstated into the grid having originally decided to not take up his Scottish wildcard place last week and surrendered it to 515 Josh. This meant that 8 drivers were to contest the 12 lap Last Chance Qualifier, and in numerical order they were 47 Michal, 66 Colin, 320 Hunter, 337 Spook, 474 Miniman, 629 Storm, 786 Brett and 966 Matt.

Last Chance Qualifier: Matt, Colin, Spook, Storm, Hunter, Brett

Having been drawn on pole, MIniman absolutely dominated the race until lap 10 when he was collected by an oppo hit from Brett on Michal that spun the Unlimited World Champion into the fence, ultimately wrecking his car and therefore giving the Dutchman a rare absence from a major championship on LFS Bangers. The sole Northern Irishman in attendance not yet qualified, Matt, claimed the win with 474's Team Bandicoot teammate Colin claiming second place.

Here is the grid of twelve drivers that contested the 2019 British Championship (reigning champion denoted by the italic C in white brackets next to their name):

997 Rik - - - - - - - - - - - 911 Cole
616 Jam - - - - - - - - - - - 961 Pepino (C)
870 Looney - - - - - - - - - 673 Sam M.
515 Josh - - - - - - - - - - - 910 Neil
628 Stwarm - - - - - - - - - 606 Jon
66 Colin - - - - - - - - - - - 966 Matt

This was once again a superb British Championship race that saw the title reclaimed by a very familiar name after a monumental battle...

1st: Rik
2nd: Neil
3rd: Josh
Other finishers: Matt, Cole, Sam M., Colin, Stwarm, Jon, Pepino, Jam, Looney

Having lost out last year due to a lag hit, it was 3 black & white chequered roofs in 4 years for 997 Rik but it was not without its difficulties as the impressive Ulster quartet once again used their real life stockrod skills to nearly overpower the almost all-dominating 2 Litre force of Team Bandicoot's star man. Rik finally got past pole sitter Cole on lap 4 but lost the lead 1 and a half laps later; these two were being chased down by the reigning champion Pepino, desperate not to lose his title. 997 regained first place on lap 9 but the first sign of outside intervention came a lap later as 616 Jam was done head-on by fellow backmarker 870 Looney, who then caught 911 and forced him to run wide into the wall, effectively ending a British-European double for Cole. WCW tactics came into play as Looney then decided to help the first late replacement in Josh, running Rik wide on lap 11 and sending 515 into the lead, with 673 Sam M. also putting pressure on the reigning World & Points champion. 870 continued the oppo attempts on 997 but switched targets on lap 14, removing Sam from contention instead as Welsh Championship qualifier 910 Neil barged past the youngest Moat Mob member. Team Bandicoot's main man was held up yet again by WCW's wrecking representative on lap 16, but help came from an unexpected source as Jam produced two oppo hits of the finest quality on laps 17 & 18 to spin Josh out both times and then held up fellow WCW Ulsterman Cole to finally rule both out of the title. The Dutchman was unchallenged after that and went to take both the chequered flag and roof that comes with the title! Neil was the first Northern Irish driver home in second, while Josh recovered well to take the last place on the podium. As always, commiserations to those who completed the 22 lap race but got nothing for it.

The 2019 British Championship replay can be downloaded here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3fsmoo

Here are the results from the other races that took place tonight, which were all non-points. Well done to all the winners, especially to Neil who won the Keir Millar Gold Bumper Memorial Race and can display gold bumpers on all of his skins for the next year if he chooses to do so:

Keir Millar Gold Bumper Memorial Final: Neil, Miniman, Colin, Michal, Hunter, Looney, Jam, Stwarm, Rik, Sam M., Storm, Josh

Heat 1: Hunter, Neil, Cole, Jon, Jam, Brett, Pepino, Rik, Stwarm, Colin, Storm
Heat 2: Cole, Matt, Josh, Stwarm, Storm, Michal, Sam M., Neil, Rik, Brett
Heat 3: Josh, Hunter, Storm, Jon, Jam, Stwarm, Michal, Matt, Rik, Brett, Sam M., Cole
Heat 4: Storm, Jam, Josh, Colin, Rik, Brett
Heat 5: Cole, Jam, Rik, Storm, Sam M., Jon, Brett
Heat 6: Matt, Cole, Hunter, Brett, Jon, Sam M., Stwarm

Allcomers 1: Cole, Hunter, Matt, Spook, Stwarm, Jon, Storm, Sam M., Brett, Michal
Allcomers 2 (straight into DD): Hunter, Matt, Cole, Stwarm, Michal, Jam (Brett, Sam M., Spook & Storm did not race in Allcomers 2 but raced in the DD)

DD: Sam M.

So, just to remind you:

ImageCONGRATULATIONS TO 997 RIK - 2019 BRITISH CHAMPION!Image

Cap#27

Re: 2019 BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS

Postby Cap#27 » Sat 11 May 2019, 10:17 am

well done rik...i see i even won a race and did not do the meeting :) :) :) :)

Heat 3: Cap, Shane, Ade, Pepino, Jon, Jam, Looney, Brett, Sam M., Cole

maybe i might do lfs bangers again,just having more enjoyment wrecking and winning meetings/races on wreckfest most nights of week plus would have to install lfs on computer i use for wreckfest which is not mine and hardrive space is very small as it is taken up by wreckfest and mods

nice to see lfs bangers is still going strong and getting good numbers

Jon#606
Site Admin

Re: 2019 BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS

Postby Jon#606 » Sat 11 May 2019, 11:40 am

Cap#27 wrote:well done rik...i see i even won a race and did not do the meeting :) :) :) :)

Heat 3: Cap, Shane, Ade, Pepino, Jon, Jam, Looney, Brett, Sam M., Cole

maybe i might do lfs bangers again,just having more enjoyment wrecking and winning meetings/races on wreckfest most nights of week plus would have to install lfs on computer i use for wreckfest which is not mine and hardrive space is very small as it is taken up by wreckfest and mods

nice to see lfs bangers is still going strong and getting good numbers

That's been fixed now. :oops: I'd used last year's results as a template and hadn't noticed that one was still from 2018!

Good to see you're still reading things on here Cap despite not doing the meetings. :)

Return to “Non-Points Results”