Heavy Metal Classic 2016 Results

The ninth and second complete season under the running of Jon#606.
Jon#606
Site Admin

Heavy Metal Classic 2016 Results

Postby Jon#606 » Tue 19 Apr 2016, 6:54 pm

The 2016 LFS Bangers season kicked off on 8th January with the Heavy Metal Classic from Standlake. 20 drivers turned up for the season opener with a debutant in 372 Jnr Fruit. Although he failed to finish a race, it's great to see a new face. :)

There was a fair amount of crashing on the Lake, although the lack of rain in LFS meant it wasn't as slidey as it is in reality! :lol:

I'm really not sure why the Standlake track had such a bad lag problem. The fact Westhill is such a large environment may have been a factor. If it happens next week on Blackwood, then there's clearly another problem. Thanks to Luke for providing me with the replays of the Unlimited heats as I missed them due to the lag issues disconnecting me.

With the Heavy Metal Classic being the first of 12 meetings that possess a Champion of Champions qualification place, there was a good variety of race winners with eight in total. The HMC qualifier will be revealed below the results... 8-)

All races were non-points.

1400s Heat 1: Looney, Pepino, Lukey, Splat, Tim, Jordan, Cap, Miniman, Jake W., Zotez, Rik, Gildo, Brett, Nay
1400s Heat 2: Rik, Jordan, Miniman, Pepino, Lukey, Looney, Cap, Tim, Gildo, Jake W., Splat, Zotez, Jon

2 Litres Heat 1: Pepino, Tim, Rik, Looney, Cap, Nay, Zotez, Jordan, Miniman, Brett, Gildo, Splat, Jon
2 Litres Heat 2: Lukey, Rik, Miniman, Jordan, Tim, Pepino, Looney, Jake W., Nay, Zotez, Gildo, Jon, Cap, Luke

Unlims Heat 1: Gildo, Lukey, Pepino, Splat, Tim, Zotez, Cap, Nay, Miniman, Looney, Jake W., Brett
Unlims Heat 2: Pepino, Lukey, Gildo, Nay, Jordan, Brett, Tim, Cap, Rik, Looney, Splat

1400s Final: Rik, Lukey, Jordan, Miniman, Looney, Pepino, Cap, Gildo, Nay, Jon, Zotez, Splat

2 Litres Final: Cap, Looney, Jordan, Gildo, Jon, Splat, Luke, Tim, Zotez, Rik, Foster

Unlims Final: Lukey, Jordan, Nay, Tim, Pepino, Cap, Gildo, Jon, Jake W., Foster

1400s DD: Splat

2 Litres DD: Splat

Unlims DD: Tim

Champion of Champions Qualifier
As you may notice from the above results, there is a four-way tie for the winner of the meeting.

Splat, Lukey, Pepino and Rik all won two races each.

To determine which one of them wins the place for the Champion of Champions race at the end of the season, a tiebreaker method of "most second places" has been used.

Therefore, with two race wins and three second places, the Heavy Metal Classic Champion of Champions qualifier is...

386 Lukey

Lukey's place on the CoC grid is the INSIDE of the EIGHTH ROW.

A great achievement for Lukey to mark his place in the Champion of Champions race in the first meeting of the season. Commiserations to Splat, Pepino and Rik for missing out, but I'm sure they'll make the grid later on in the season. A well done too to Looney, Gildo, Cap and Tim for registering their first victories of the year.

Return to “2016 Results & Points”