Metal Mania 2016 Results

The ninth and second complete season under the running of Jon#606.
Jon#606
Site Admin

Metal Mania 2016 Results

Postby Jon#606 » Tue 19 Apr 2016, 7:20 pm

11th March's meeting was quite possibly the worst I have ever run in my time as a LFS Bangers league admin. I severely apologise for what happened and I promise it will never happen again. :evil: :x

The most severe problem for me tonight was a complete computer failure. In practically every race from about 8:00pm onwards, I had sub-1 frame per second and a skyrocketing lag which rendered any racing or admin duties impossible. I can only put this down to the fan on my laptop being clogged with dust and never having been cleaned, consequently causing overheating which caused the above speed issues. A heartfelt thank you to Cap for running the meeting in my absence and to Jam for providing me with the replays of all the heats and the final.

A more general problem was the track used. A number of drivers complained about the kerbs of Warton ruining their races, some going so far as to leave the meeting after the first RWD heat because of it. Warton is only scheduled to appear once again on the 2016 calendar for Grades Round 4, so it does appear that it won't be missed, which is always a shame to say about a track.

Another issue was that the cars were changed from the Unlims associated with the Metal Mania meeting to 2 Litres. This was due to two factors: drivers were concerned about the unlims' tightness on the circuit and an overabundance of the TBO class in recent weeks.

With all these negative points out of the way, the meeting itself was actually pretty good. 19 drivers turned up for the manic March meeting, with two more LFS Bangers debutants in 39 Harry and 919 Macca. 271 Kizza, 910 Niall and 926 Ryan also made appearances after a while away from the league. There was some good racing despite the kerbs and some hard hitting.

Metal Mania was also the third of twelve Champion of Champions qualifying meeting, with a more straightforward qualification method than the HMC or Heartbreaker, as only one race win is needed: the final. The lucky qualifier will be revealed below the results... 8-)

All races were non-points. No allcomers were run due to the above issues.

2 Litres Heat 1: Youngy, Rik, Niall, Kizza, Cap, Splat, Brett, Jake W., Mr. T-Bone, Brett
2 Litres Heat 2: Niall, Foster, Cap, Nay, Jam, Looney, Splat, Mr. T-Bone, Jake W., Ryan

RWD Heat 1: Splat, Jake W., Youngy, Pepino, Rik, Jam, Kizza, Ryan, Foster

2 Litres Heat 3: Rik, Jake W., Nay, Splat, Jam, Pepino
2 Litres Heat 4: Rik, Pepino, Nay, Jam, Cap, Splat, Looney

RWD Heat 2: Rik, Jake W., Cap, Nay, Pepino, Jam, Looney, Splat, Macca

2 Litres Final: Rik, Nay, Niall, Cap, Jam, Looney, Splat, Aaron, Jake W.

RWD Final: Cap, Jake W., Aaron, Jam, Niall, Nay

2 Litres DD: Rik

RWD DD: Looney

Champion of Champions Qualifier
The Champion of Champions qualifier from Metal Mania is the winner of the main final.

Therefore, as the winner of the 2 Litre Final, the Metal Mania Champion of Champions qualifier is...

997 Rik

Rik's place on the CoC grid is the OUTSIDE of the SIXTH ROW.

Rik was the star man tonight with three heat wins, the main final and the 2 litre DD, so he more than deserves his CoC qualifying spot. Cap won the RWD final, Youngy, Splat and Niall all had a heat win each and Looney took the RWD DD.

Return to “2016 Results & Points”