The Warlords v Team Mental Head-to-Head Results

The eleventh and fourth complete season under the running of Jon#606.
Jon#606
Site Admin

The Warlords v Team Mental Head-to-Head Results

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 09 Nov 2018, 11:51 pm

Before I post up tonight's meeting report, I must give a heartfelt thanks to Brett for taking over the running of the meeting at such spontaneous notice. I didn't feel right before the meeting started as I felt the "random team choice" wasn't going to work and I got myself into a bit of a mood as a result. Thankfully I overcame this during the meeting and had a really great time.

Thirteen drivers in total attended the November head-to-head meeting that saw two of the sport's legendary teams - The Warlords and Team Mental - clash at the iconic WImbledon Stadium which saw superb racing and wrecking action from all involved. Northern Irishman 996 Matt (a long time friend of Cole and Josh) made his LFS Bangers debut in tonight's meeting, that saw the teams chosen by a "random draw" (in reality Brett alternating down the connections list :lol: ). The teams therefore ended up as follows:

THE WARLORDS
66 Colin
474 Miniman
515 Josh
616 Jam
673 Sam M.
786 Brett

TEAM MENTAL
217 Tilson
573 Shane
606 Jon
870 Looney
911 Cole
996 Matt
997 Rik

All heats, the final and the DD were for points, and only the Top 5 counted. Drivers who finished outside of the top 5 are in italics. Points for each side after each race are listed after the race result. Four non-points allcomers were held.

Heat 1: Cole, Colin, Rik, Matt, Jam, Shane,, Brett, Sam M., Miniman - TW 5 - TM 10
Heat 2: Rik, Cole, Matt, Josh, Jam, Sam M., Jon, Colin, Miniman, Looney - TW 3 - TM 12
Heat 3: Miniman, Cole, Matt, Josh, Colin, Jam, Tilson, Sam M. - TW 8 - TM 7
Heat 4: Cole, Shane Sam M., Jon, Tilson, Miniman, Matt - TW 3 - TM 12
Heat 5: Cole, Tilson, Rik, Matt, Jon, Shane, Looney - TW 0 - TM 15
Heat 6: Cole, Tilson, Rik, Josh, Shane, Colin, Looney, Sam M. - TW 2 - TM 13

Final: Tilson, Rik, Shane, Cole, Jam, Colin, Jon, Brett, Sam M. - TW 2 - TM 28

Allcomers 1 (UF1 Race 1): Shane, Cole, Tilson, Jon, Jam, Brett, Rik
Allcomers 2 (UF1 Race 2): Rik, Shane, Tilson, Jam, Brett, Sam M., Matt, Cole, Colin, Josh
Allcomers 3 (All Car Race 1): Cole, Josh, Brett, Sam M. Shane
Allcomers 4 (All Car Race 2): Cole, RIk, Josh, Jon, Brett

DD: Team Mental - 10 points to Team Mental

FINAL SCORE: THE WARLORDS 23 - 107 TEAM MENTAL

To say this was a close contest is an outright lie. In an almost perfect display, Team Mental won all but one of the races tonight, the sole Warlords victory going to Miniman in heat 3 in what was their only overall race win of the evening by just a single point. Such was the dominance of Team Mental that their joint top point scorers of Cole and Rik each outscored the entire Warlords team, with the Northern Irishman claiming 4 heat wins and 2 Allcomers victories while the Dutchman won 1 heat and 1 Allcomers race. Tilson claimed the final with Shane winning the opening Allcomers, and Team Mental cleaned up in 2 and a half minutes in the DD, with Sam M. the last Warlords car to be eliminated. The DD also saw the introduction of the new rule regarding cars which are out; you no longer have to spectate if you cannot move, but if you try to continue after being declared out, you will be kicked.

So, just to remind you:

Image CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM MENTAL - WINNERS OF THE WARLORDS v TEAM MENTAL HEAD-TO-HEAD! Image

Return to “2018 Results & Points”