Status of Tonight's Meeting (06/04/18)

This section is to be used for announcements and suggestions on how LFS Bangers can improve.
Jon#606
Site Admin

Status of Tonight's Meeting (06/04/18)

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 06 Apr 2018, 12:50 pm

Hello all,

Over the past week Live For Speed's master server has been DDoS attacked by an unknown group (although they're allegedly linked to the [TC] City Driving cruise server :roll: ) resulting in the game's mulitplayer being inaccessible.

As of this post:

TONIGHT'S MEETING IS STILL PLANNED TO GO AHEAD AT 8:00pm BST AS USUAL.

A FINAL DECISION WILL BE TAKEN AT 7:30pm BST REGARDING THE MEETING.

IN THE EVENT THAT THE MEETING CANNOT BE HELD, IT WILL BE POSTPONED AND HELD AT A LATER DATE.

DETAILS OF THE REARRANGED MEETING WILL BE POSTED IN DUE COURSE.

Everyone at LFS Bangers would like to thank drivers in advance for their cooperation with this matter which is completely out of our control.

Jon#606
Site Admin

Re: Status of Tonight's Meeting (06/04/18)

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 06 Apr 2018, 7:57 pm

LFS Bangers can confirm that tonight's Unlimited Round 3 meeting will not be going ahead due to the ongoing Live for Speed master server DDOS attack disabling our server.

A new date for this meeting will be confirmed over the weekend.

LFS Bangers apologises unreservedly to all drivers who were wanting to take part in tonight's meeting. This was a matter completely out of our control and we hope the attack stops soon.

Jam

Postby Jam » Fri 06 Apr 2018, 8:09 pm

No need to apologise fella, nothing anyone can do. I've tried all the other ports etc, upgraded to patches R8 and R9, no joy. I'll try upgrading my debug server DCON to R9 later on.

I've noticed that once you get onto a server you stay connected even if the master server goes down, so if you get on somewhere stay AFK until you've checked you can join somewhere else. Even if you're done for now, just AFK in case the attack is going on when you next want to race.

I'll be giving up on LFS Bangers now we're officially off this week and trying to get back to PiranMOTO Chase Game, I'll leave the speaker on when I'm AFK if anyone else wants to try to get their Friday fix of frantic ;)
Jam #616 | Check out my PiranMOTO servers and PiranMOTO.co.uk! :D

Jon#606
Site Admin

Postby Jon#606 » Fri 06 Apr 2018, 10:31 pm

Thanks for reply Jam.

Jam wrote:I've noticed that once you get onto a server you stay connected even if the master server goes down, so if you get on somewhere stay AFK until you've checked you can join somewhere else. Even if you're done for now, just AFK in case the attack is going on when you next want to race.

The annoying thing was I left the server accidentally at 7:20pm when trying to sort out the layout for the evening and couldn't rejoin. :oops:

But it was clear from checking the server list afterwards that nobody would have been able to join after that time, hence the decision to postpone.

Jon#606
Site Admin

Postby Jon#606 » Sun 08 Apr 2018, 9:12 pm

THE RE-ARRANGED DATE FOR UNLIMITED ROUND 3 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED

THIS MEETING WILL NOW TAKE PLACE ON TUESDAY 10th APRIL AT 8:00pm BST

ALL ORIGINAL BOOKINGS HAVE BEEN RETAINED; IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BOOKED IN, YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE BOOKED IN AGAIN

Return to “Announcements, Suggestions & Improvements”