Bans for the 2017 Season

All league disciplinary matters are handled in this section.
Jon#606
Site Admin

Bans for the 2017 Season

Postby Jon#606 » Wed 04 Jan 2017, 8:50 pm

Drivers will be warned and could be banned for breaking the following rules during meetings:

1. Oppo (wrong way) on straights; this is defined as "wrong way driving wholly outside of the marked corners or wrong way hits outside of the marked corners"
2. Pitting and rejoining any race (including the DD)
3. Lossy hits against the barriers
4. Hits from the infield
5. Intentional blocking or pinning of another racer that does not allow them to race
6. Cutting across the infield (on layouts with an open infield) in all races (including the DD) to either gain a race advantage or to hit another driver
7. Intentional hard hitting on grid while lining up (as in hits which ruin the grid completely)
8. Breaking the Clutch Cooling Rule
9. Breaking the Rolled Rule
10. Not going forward from the start of a race, e.g. intentionally braking on the grid or intentionally reversing off the grid. This does not apply to the DD.
11. Changing car during meeting.

A rule break in a standard race / DD will result in a warning being issued.

A rule break in a Championship final will result in a double warning being issued. The standard rule applies to other races in Championship meetings.

For rule 11, 2 "mini-warnings" will be issued for this offence before it constitutes a warning, i.e. if you changed car 3 times, the third change would result in a warning.

3 warnings will result in a 1 week server and 2 week meeting ban. In the event of a driver receiving over 3 warnings in a meeting, the warnings after the third will be ignored. In the case of an appeal resulting in one of these warnings being rescinded, the additional warnings will be used to discipline the driver instead.

If a driver receives 3 more warnings after their ban expires, they will receive a 2 week server and 4 week meeting ban.

Collecting 3 more warnings after this ban (9 in total) will result in a 4 week server and 8 week meeting ban.

Collecting 3 more warnings after the third ban (12 in total) will result in a permanent server and league ban.

Warnings will expire 4 weeks after the meeting in question and all bans will start from the date of the meeting.

Bans will be removed from the records a year after the date of expiry.

CURRENTLY ACTIVE WARNINGS

Drivers on PERMANENT BANS:
Ellis #823 (ellis82)
Jordan N. #83 (jordan83)
Luke #779 (luke133)

Drivers on SECOND FINAL WARNINGS:
No drivers.

Drivers on FOURTH WARNINGS:
No drivers.

Drivers on FIRST BANS:
No drivers.

Drivers on FINAL WARNINGS:
Miniman #474 (joukeheddema10) - Experies 24/02/2017
Foster #307 (mace65) - Experies 03/03/2017

Drivers on FIRST WARNINGS:
Brett #786 (predator186) - Experies 03/03/2017
Callmero #856 (BonnogamingNI) - Experies 03/03/2017
Woody #212 (Marcodejong) - Experies 03/03/2017

Drivers on FIRST MINI-WARNINGS:
No drivers.

Looney#870
Site Admin

Re: Bans for the 2017 Season

Postby Looney#870 » Sun 08 Jan 2017, 1:07 am

Here is the disciplinary action report following Heavy Metal Classic on 6th January. Races that are not listed contained no rule breaks.

To Summarise
No warnings were issued for this meeting. Well done to everyone for being so well behaved.
Niall "Looney" Drew - #870
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY DRIVER PROFILE

Looney#870
Site Admin

Postby Looney#870 » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 10:59 pm

Here is the disciplinary action report following CIVIL WAR VIII on 13th January. Races that are not listed contained no rule breaks.

To Summarise
No warnings were issued for this meeting. Well done to everyone for being so well behaved.

Looney#870
Site Admin

Postby Looney#870 » Fri 27 Jan 2017, 10:59 pm

Here is the disciplinary action report following Unlimited Icebreaker on 20th January. Races that are not listed contained no rule breaks.

To Summarise

Looney#870
Site Admin

Postby Looney#870 » Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:06 am

Here is the disciplinary action report following Grades Round 1 (British Qualifier 1) on 27th January. Races that are not listed contained no rule breaks.

Allcomers 1
Miniman #474 (joukeheddema10) on a FIRST WARNING for breaking "Rule 3 - Lossy hits against the barrier".

On lap 4, Miniman attempts a follow in on Badboy #786. They both end up in the pit area, Badboy is clearly trying to get away from Miniman but Miniman pushes Badboy side on towards the barrier causing him to flip. Miniman then drives off resuming his race. When Badboy asked to be rolled back on to his wheels Miniman replies with "no" implying the move was intentional.

Miniman #474 (joukeheddema10) on a FINAL WARNING for breaking "Rule 5 - Intentional blocking or pinning of another racer that does not allow them to race".

After the above incident, Looney drives into the pit area to help Badboy on to his wheels. Miniman follows and repeatedly hits Looney but makes no effort to help Badboy back on to his wheels. While Looney is helping Badboy, Miniman makes a lossy hit to Looney against the barrier lifting his rear wheels on to his bonnet making it impossible for Looney to move. At first Miniman keeps the power on keeping Looney pinned against the barrier before he keeps his foot on the brake, again stopping Looney from moving. In total, Miniman kept Looney pinned for 10 seconds. As the race had finished but Looney was yet to cross the line, it resulted in Looney missing out on finishing the race. Miniman then drives off leaving Badboy on his roof still.

To Summarise

Miniman #474 (joukeheddema10) is on a final warning. If Miniman breaks the rules again inside four weeks, he will be banned for 1 week from the server and 2 weeks from meetings.

Such a shame I have had to issue my first warning(s) as the new Disciplinary admin and even more so that it's to an experienced driver who showed a complete lack of respect to his fellow drivers.

All drivers issued a warning are given the opportunity to appeal any warnings given in this report. Please post in the Ban/Warning Appeals for the 2017 Season section of the forum. Please post calm and well-constructed reasons for why you want the ban or warning reviewed.

Looney#870
Site Admin

Postby Looney#870 » Sat 04 Feb 2017, 12:06 am

Here is the disciplinary action report following 2 Litre Icebreaker on 3rd of February. Races that are not listed contained no rule breaks.

Heat 5
Brett #786 (predator186) on a FIRST WARNING for breaking "Rule 1 - Hitting from the infield".

On lap 5, after coming out of turn 1, Brett turns his car to the infield and waits. After his team mate, Miniman passes, Brett then pulls out of the infield to make contact with Foster who is chasing down Bretts team mate - Miniman. Unfortunately it comes out worse for Brett who is rolled but it is clear his intention was to help his team mate. If you do help any members of your team, please make sure it is legal.

Foster #307 (mace65) on a FIRST WARNING for breaking "Rule 1 - Oppo hit outside designated area".

After the above incident, Foster then turns his car around and hits Miniman on the straight, outside of the yellow markers indicating the oppo area on the bends. I imagine this was done purely in frustration but please always make sure your hits are legal.

Foster #307 (mace65) on a FINAL WARNING for breaking "Rule 1 - Hitting from the infield".

Right after hitting Miniman outside the designated oppo area, Foster then drives through the infield and hits Miniman again. (It was also outside of the designated oppo area, but no warning will be issued for this at the disciplinary admins discretion) It's such a shame that an experienced racer saw red and acted how he did, but it all happens in the heat of racing.

DD

Callmero #856 (BonnogamingNI) on a FIRST WARNING for breaking "Rule 8 - You must spec in the DD if you are either rolled or your clutch dies".

Callmero was rolled by Splat and laid on his side for 25 seconds before being hit back on to his wheels by Woody. Callmero then continues, hitting numerous cars, even being called out by Splat, he still continued before being rolled again by Splat. I appreciate Callmero is new to the league, but the rules must be read and adhered to by everyone.

Woody #212 (Marcodejong) on a FIRST WARNING for breaking "Rule 9 - Drivers CANNOT be rolled back onto their wheels in the DD".

Woody saw that Callmero was rolled on to his side on the infield. Woody then drove into the infield area, hitting Callmero back on to his wheels. Even in team events, it is not allowed to hit anyone back on to their wheels in the DD.

To Summarise

Brett #786 (predator186) is on a first warning. If Brett breaks the rules again twice in four weeks, he will be banned for 1 week from the server and 2 weeks from meetings.

Foster #307 (mace65) is on a final warning. If Foster breaks the rules again inside four weeks, he will be banned for 1 week from the server and 2 weeks from meetings.

Callmero #856 (BonnogamingNI) is on a first warning. If Brett breaks the rules again twice in four weeks, he will be banned for 1 week from the server and 2 weeks from meetings.

Woody #212 (Marcodejong) is on a first warning. If Brett breaks the rules again twice in four weeks, he will be banned for 1 week from the server and 2 weeks from meetings.

--------------------------------------------------------------

All drivers issued a warning are given the opportunity to appeal any warnings given in this report. Please post in the Ban/Warning Appeals for the 2017 Season section of the forum. Please post calm and well-constructed reasons for why you want the ban or warning reviewed.

Looney#870
Site Admin

Postby Looney#870 » Thu 04 May 2017, 11:59 pm

An update and mainly an apology.

I have seriously slacked on the reports due to a huge work load in my job. I've literally done nothing but sleep at work - attending meets on Friday as been my release before getting right back to work!

Also with dwindeling numbers of late, it wouldn't be in the leagues interest to ban drivers - this is a poor excuse though, it's mainly been my lack of attention.

All warnings etc will be reset and reports will carry on from this fridays meeting so behave the lot of you!! ;)

Return to “Disciplinary Section”